It was a quiet country neighborhood where Jake and Amelia lived in southern Ohio. Jake works as an account executive in town, and Amelia runs a graphic design business from home. Their home was built in 1997 by reputable contractors in their area. When Jake and Amelia bought the home in 2012 they had it inspected by a local inspector as you would expect in any real estate deal. One evening they were invited to a neighborhood party down the street. At about 8:30 they left for the party. They were enjoying their lives, their home, and everything seemed to be going perfectly.
However, this story takes place in 2019, 7 years after the purchase. Jake and Amelia, for the last 7 years had neglected a growing yet very common problem in their basement, spiderwebs. According to the National Ag Safety Database, “spiderwebs are among the top electrical fire hazard risks.” Potential fire hazards are everywhere. Spiderwebs collect dust and in the right conditions can be combustible. That’s just what happened in their basement on that fateful night. While they were partying at the neighbors another resident noticed the ominous glow from across the field. Upon arriving at their property they found their home completely engulfed in flames. Before the fire dept arrived the house was a total loss.
The fire captain on scene advised the couple of a temporary home service located in southern MI which delivers temporary mobile homes to families who have experienced the loss of their home. He told them that they should request this service from their insurance agency and that most policies cover this expense. It turned out that this service was widely accepted and encouraged by insurance companies due to the cost-saving benefits of clients living on their property. Insurance companies pay upwards of 2-300 dollars per day for a family to live in a hotel while their home is being rebuilt.
Amelia informed her insurance agency that she wished to have a temporary home brought to her property and within 2 weeks after the fire, they were living comfortably on their land again in a furnished mobile home provided by Washovia temporary Housing of Adrian, MI. They brought the home from MI to southern Ohio. The setup process only took 3 hours to complete and they coordinated everything with other contractors to have the utilities hooked up. This is outstanding performance compared to other temporary home providers which can take up to 3 weeks to have the trailer ready to move into after the long wait to get it to the property.
They were amazed at the quality of the home when it arrived. The mobile home was furnished with a couch and loveseat, coffee and end tables, beds with sheets, pillows and comforters, dressers, flat-screen TV and DVD player, microwave, coffee maker, silverware, pots and pans, dishes, towels and much more. They even provided a couple of rolls of toilet paper and some hand soap. It was the perfect new beginning for them especially considering there is an unexpected twist to the plot. Amelia, at the time of the fire, was 8 months pregnant with their first child. It was a true relief for her.
Washovia furnished their temporary mobile home with a nursery complete with a baby crib and an office with a desk and cushioned armchair. After the fire, soon came the baby, and with the help of Washovia, the new family was able to build their first home while living on their property.
Any disaster which leaves a home uninhabitable or completely destroyed can cause many factors of stress on a family. Staying in a nice hotel can seem like a lot of fun at first. Who doesn’t want a clean warm pool, room service, and free breakfast? Until some days pass and the true inconvenience of the whole disaster sets in. The savings and convenience of a temporary home are beneficial for homeowners as well as insurance companies. So remember Washovia Temporary Housing, Inc. if you or someone you know has disaster leaving their home unlivable or needing to be rebuilt.